Thursday, August 5, 2010

Out of the Blue


If there is one thing unpredictable about our state, it is definitely the weather. I am convinced after the last few days that I should carry a diverse wardrobe of clothing for all seasons in my trunk at all times, to be prepared for anything that comes my way.
The other day I was running some errands with my Mom when a a big SMACK hit one side of the windshield. "What was that?", we both shouted. I was sure a rock had flipped up and hit my windshield or something. OH NO!!! Within a matter of seconds it came. Out of nowhere, Hail! YES, hail, in hundred degree temperatures? It felt we we had be transported back to Winter. Could this really be happening. Now in August? After living here so many years, you wouldnt think it would surprise me, it did!
It was coming down so heavily and thick it was hard even seeing to drive. The road was completely white and it lasted a good ten minutes or so. It stopped and then began again. It was so crazy. I couldn't believe it.
Eventually the hail did stop, but it still rained all day and through the night. I was grateful for the rain and some cooling from the intense heat, but the hail, that was just Out of the blue. I didn't expect that one coming. I Guess we better pack up our winter coats, boots, swim suit, and shorts and be prepared for anything that comes our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment